GPI North America is expanding our Homestay Program across Canada, and we are currently welcoming new host families interested in joining our system.
The cultural exchange fostered through hosting can be a meaningful and rewarding experience for all parties involved. Some families have established cross-cultural ties that have lasted for decades. Dependable host families are one of our most valuable resources, and GPI North America treats all of our hosts accordingly.
GPI specializes in short term programs. We provide homestay services for students staying on short term programs (average program is 10-14 nights, but could be 1-2 months). We also place a few students for a semester or year and work with local school districts and private schools.
General Host Family criteria:
- English must be the primary language spoken in the home
- Families are required to provide 3 healthy meals per day
- Families must be able to provide a student with a proper private bedroom/bed
- For short term programs Families are required to drive (or carpool with other families) students to/from their place of study for most programs.
- All applicants will be asked to submit a clear criminal record check before a student is placed in the home
Once you submit an application a representative from GPI will contact you. Our reply may be delayed due to the number of applications we receive.