GPI North America is expanding our Homestay Program across Canada, and we are currently welcoming new host families interested in joining our system.
The cultural exchange fostered through hosting can be a meaningful and rewarding experience for all parties involved. Some families have established cross-cultural ties that have lasted for decades. Dependable host families are one of our most valuable resources, and GPI North America treats all of our hosts accordingly.
New for 2021: We will have long term and term high school students during the 2021-2022 school year in select communities. Please contact your GPI NA homestay recruiter or fill out an on-line application form.
Due to current travel restrictions due to the Covid-19 pandemic our short term programs are still temporarily on hold.
General Host Family criteria:
- English must be the primary language spoken in the home
- Families are required to provide 3 healthy meals per day
- Families must be able to provide a student with a private bedroom/bed, desk and wifi for on-line learning.
- Preference is given to families who live within walking distance or within catchment to the student’s school placement.
- All applicants will be asked to submit a clear criminal record check before a student is placed in the home.
Once you submit an application a representative from GPI NA will contact you. Our reply may be delayed due to the number of applications we receive.