GPI North America is expanding our Homestay Program across Canada, and we are currently welcoming new host families interested in joining our system.
The cultural exchange fostered through hosting can be a meaningful and rewarding experience for all parties involved. Some families have established cross-cultural ties that have lasted for decades. Dependable host families are one of our most valuable resources, and GPI North America treats all of our hosts accordingly.
GPI North America is proud to offer $200 gift card for Hotels.com and restaurants (such as Earl’s and the Keg) and a shopping gift card (Ivanhoe/Cambridge that can be used at various shopping centres such as Guildford Shopping Centre, Tsawwassen Mills, Metrotown and other malls across Canada) to ALL host families that have hosted students five or more times in the past year.
GPI specializes in short term programs. We provide homestay services for students staying on short term programs (average program is 10-14 nights, but could be 1-2 months). We do not place students for a semester or year. Families interested in hosting long term students should contact their local school district or private school.
General Host Family criteria:
- English must be the primary language spoken in the home
- Families are required to provide 3 healthy meals per day
- Families must be able to provide a student with a proper bedroom/bed
- Families are required to drive (or carpool with other families) students to/from their place of study for most programs.
- All applicants will be asked to submit a clear criminal record check before a student is placed in the home
Once you submit an application a representative from GPI will contact you. Our reply may be delayed due to the number of applications we receive.